How to modify or update many documents at once?
Our ‘Tips and Tricks’ section has been superseded by the Ytria Tech Lab
Archived tips are still being kept here for reference purposes. Please check the Ytria Tech Lab
frequently for all the latest tips, tricks and tutorials to help you get the most out of your Ytria toolkit.
First make sure scanEZ is running. If it's not, select any Lotus Notes database (email, personal address book, application etc.) on your workspace, and click the scanEZ icon on your Lotus Notes client toolbar.
Congratulations! You are now finished editing an item in multiple documents.
- Select a category of documents in the selection tree of scanEZ which will make the Diff. button available.
- Click the Diff. button, which shows you the current content status of the documents selected (i.e. do items have the same values? same types? anything missing? etc.).
- Click the Values button to see the individual values of each document item. Hold Ctrl or Shift while clicking will help you select specific document items.
- To make mass item changes, select any document item and click the Modify button. In the window that appears apply a new constant value to all the documents currently selected.
- [Optional] Alternatively, (instead of a constant value) you can apply a formula to all your selected documents. Click the @ button in top right corner to switch to formula mode and create a formula (complex or not) to apply to many documents.
Watch a short Flash tutorial for a quick overview of scanEZ and all its features.
Thanks for reading this tip!