|Want to grab the video and watch it later? Go ahead! || |
View the slides of this presentation from here.
Replication is one of the most important pillars of the IBM Notes and Domino Architecture. Whether you're an administrator or developer, replications plays an integral role in your life, and let’s face it, this relationship has its ups and downs.
This session will reveal how its underpinnings work, what can go wrong, how to setup and manage selective replication and why, how to best consolidate cluster and standard replication, what traps to look for and how to get out of them once you’re caught.
Learn about tips, tricks and code that will help you debug and tackle the toughest replication problems (conflicts, ghosts, inconsistencies etc…) like a pro. At the end of this presentation, you will walk away with a clearer understanding of how the replication engine works, and you'll be ready to turn this sometimes tumultuous relationship into a harmonious and happy one.
Ben Menesi, IBM Champion and Chief Product Officer, Ytria
Kim Greene, President, Kim Greene Consulting Inc.
Outline of presentation
- Quick introduction focusing on commonly misunderstood basics
- Replication settings, mistakes, pro tips and hacks
- In-depth discussion of standard and cluster replication
- Close analysis on what happens when two databases replicate
- Understanding how notes (i.e. designs and documents) are compared and potential bottlenecks
- Replicating subsets of documents, problems, risks, best practices
- Troubleshooting tips for finding, understanding and resolving replication problems
- Dissecting frequently occurring replication problems and demonstrating solution possibilities through customer examples
- Preventing replication issues by using the latest Administration features.