Your Domino servers are constantly talking (sometimes shouting) to you, but do you really have the means to listen? Unfortunately, relying on the native IBM console only lets you access one server at a time. Even then it's hard to find what you're looking for since events like mail routing and replication tend to eat up your console space.
Ytria's consoleEZ lends you an ear to the ground (with selective hearing too!) when it comes to all your servers.
It's the newest addition to the EZ Suite of software tools for IBM Notes and Domino administrators and developers, and it will change your relationship with your servers. With access to multiple consoles in one place, you can monitor what's going on with a global dashboard, various filters and log analyzers, and even send out commands.
|Want to grab the video and watch it later? Go ahead! || |
Ben Menesi, IBM Champion and Chief Product Officer, Ytria
Whether you’re an admin or a dev, and you’re not authorized to access the server console itself, with consoleEZ, you can actually see the console info on all your servers (assuming your ID has rights to the Log.nsf file on each server).
And that’s just a start to making your job easier! We’ll guide you through all the things you can accomplish during the webcast, including some of the points below.
The final feature list of consoleEZ, complete with descriptions, will be revealed on June 25, 2014. Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll be able to achieve with consoleEZ:
- Manage multiple open consoles for several servers from one interface.
- Open multiple consoles of one or many servers, and use different filters in each one to get all the information you need at once.
- Get a high-level overview of errors as they occur using a dashboard.
- Send commands to multiple servers at once, and monitor their responses in real time.
- Scan your log file and quickly find events that occurred given a date/time range, event type, text string, etc.
- Analyze your log events in a powerful grid interface.
- Summarize and analyze global volume information of usage activity, replication events or passthru connections, and generate reports.
- And much more!
Outline of presentation (Time-stamped)
Agenda & Introduction (00:00)
- Opening and arranging consoles (04:00)
- Filters (06:35)
- Server Interaction (09:28)
- Dashboard (11:15)
- Server tasks (14:00)
- Statistics (14:35)
Log Analyzer (16:00)
- Single Log (17:09)
- Multiple Logs (21:56)
- Pivot Tables (24:00)
Volume Analyzer (27:02)
- Usage Analysis (27:46)
- Replication Analysis (32:35)
- Passthru connections (35.55)