scanEZ Masterclass II
Mastering scanEZ’s Various Tools for Better Management of Designs, Deletion Stubs, Replication & More
With a firm understanding of scanEZ's core document management capabilities under our belt, we can now explore all of scanEZ's other tools. These tools span replication, deletion stub detection and management, hiding and un-hiding database designs, and more. In this webinar, we'll be looking at not only the wide spectrum of tools available, but also various customer use cases ranging from the quick to the in-depth; we'll dig into these in order to better illustrate and understand problems spanning from the most common document related issues to the weirdest parent-response anomalies.
- Compare replicas to identify non-replicating notes, future conflicts, deletions that are bound to replicate, etc.
- Identify and remove resurrected documents using scanEZ's Post-Replication Auditor.
- Work with conflict documents effectively, and without the risk of losing any precious data during the process.
- Understand and manage deletion stubs to locate missing/deleted documents or reduce the size of the NoteID table.
- Copy and/or move documents to other databases with various options—whether that's keeping their folder memberships, forcing new UNIDs, or automatically increasing their sequence numbers to ensure that they replicate.
- Track down issues quickly, from the common to the complicated, using the Document Analyzer—from encryption anomalies to orphaned response documents to documents afflicted with the 32k error.
- Create, manage, and delete profile documents without using a single line of code.
- Manage encryption in both directions—whether you're using private or public keys.
- Understand and manipulate the Unread Marks Table.
- And much more…
|Want to grab the video and watch it later? Go ahead! || |
Outline of presentation (Time-stamped)
Overview of single-document features | 3:00
- View all Readers/Authors of a document | 4:25
- Navigate freely between parent/response documents | 4:50
- Modify/create a new Unique ID | 5:25
- Evaluate formulas in context | 6:40
- Attach attachments to a document | 7:40
- Create a new document | 8:10
- Compute with form (also applicable to multiple documents) | 8:55
Overview of multi-document features | 9:50
- Delete documents with flexible options for deletion stub creation, as well as response & sub-response deletion | 10:10
- Example: Identify and remove mail files with corrupt attachments | 10:55
- Copy or move documents to multiple databases | 12:55
- 4 Copy Modes – Note that 'Standard' mode is no longer available, Force create is now called 'Copy as New Documents', and 'Force Push' is now called 'Replicate Documents' | 13:35
- Choose or create new folders to use, or keep folder structure | 16:20
Increment a document’s sequence number WITHOUT changing anything else | 17:10
Extract attachments en masse | 17:40
Manage the Unread ID table |18:25
- Example: Reconcile databases whose Unread Marks are out of sync | 20:00
Search for encrypted documents with the Document Analyzer, and decrypt them (if you have the proper keys) | 24:30
Display and work with the parent/response hierarchy of documents | 26:30
Perform a search and replace operation on document items across an entire database | 28:10
Update document link references | 30:55
Manage conflict documents with the Conflict Solver | 32:35
Find and remove multiple conflict documents | 35:20
Create, delete, and manage profile documents | 37:20
Search a database in multiple different ways | 38:45
- Search by UNID or NoteID | 39:00
- Search Design Element by title | 39:15
- Search by formula, or use the contents of a View or Folder (Quick Retrieve function) | 39:25
- Search using Full Text or perform an extensive search by Note class to find specific types of designs or documents | 40:15
- Search for unread documents | 40:35
Manage Deletion Stubs | 40:40
- Deletion Stub Explorer | 41:30
- Example: Restore deleted emails back to their original inbox folders | 42:10
Design tools |46:00
- Hide/Unhide database designs | 47:15
- Example: Arrange hundreds of folders into a new folder structure | 48:55
Manage the database ACL and "expand" nested groups | 53:00
Analyze user activity and manage database encryption | 53:40
Compare two replicas side by side using the Replication Auditor | 54:50
Resolve replication-related document issues with the Post Replication Auditor | 57:30
- Example: Find the source of 5,000 to 10,000 mysterious document updates | 58:15
- Manage resurrected "ghost" documents | 59:00
Conduct a database health check and identify document problems, all through the Document Analyzer | 59:40
- Seek out all encrypted documents | 59:50
- Find documents containing Reader/Author fields | 1:00:00
- Find Parent/Response issues | 1:00:35
- Spot documents with specific conflict situations (orphan conflict documents or self-conflicts) | 1:00:50
- Locate documents that cause a 32K error, or that are approaching the limit | 1:01:00
Edit local and server Notes.ini files | 1:01:40
Export to various formats including DXL, CSV, etc. | 1:02:35