General Troubleshooting FAQ
- Do you have a free tool like 'Notespeek' for IBM Notes and Domino (formerly IBM Lotus Notes and Domino) versions 5 to 8?
- YtriaUpdate is not working...Can I manually update the files?
- Can I get a free trial with full functionality? I'd like to test the tool...
- Product disappears/crashes on startup (or trying to update)
- Does using scanEZ allow me to bypass IBM Notes and Domino security?
- Why can't I see the changes I made with actionBarEZ or viewEZ right away?
- I'm having problems using Ytria tools with Teamstudio CIAO!® ...What can I do?
- Ytria Update: scanEZMulti.dll -- Cannot update file
- How do I stop the pop-up that appears after I have entered my full license key?
- Web browser compatibility issues with Ytria.com
- Running an update shows nothing available (an empty list). What can I do?
- I have the beta version of Notes 9, and I get an error message when I start any of the Ytria tools.
- I've upgraded to EZ Suite 11, and loading scanEZ (signEZ, databaseEZ, agentEZ or aclEZ) is slower than usual.
- I can't see my Ytria toolbar in IBM Notes 9.
Do you have a free tool like 'Notespeek' for IBM Notes and Domino versions 5 to 8? [Back to top]
Yes, we have one even better than Notespeek: the Lite Version (Free) of scanEZ allows you to look, and search the entire contents of a database with a wide variety of features.
We realilze that there are Notespeek users out there looking for a free tool that works with the latest versions of IBM Notes (formerly IBM Lotus Notes)—and we're happy to provide that to the IBM Notes community free of charge.
On the flip side, it's the Full Version of scanEZ that lets you directly edit data and use the more powerful features in the tool: Conflict Solver, (Post) Replication Auditor, comparing documents, mass editing etc. In fact, ALL our tools are available in Lite Versions too. Download and give them a try!
YtriaUpdate is not working...Can I manually update the files? [Back to top]
Yes, see this web page which lists all the files that YtriaUpdate normally downloads and updates for you. Simply download the file you want, and replace the old file on your computer.
Can I get a free trial with full functionality? I'd like to test the tool...[Back to top]
Yes, if you are looking to test the software fully before a purchase, you can reach one of our representatives here. We will get in contact with you, for your free trial license key.
If you wish, create an account with us, as this will help us process your request more quickly.
Product disappears/crashes on startup (or trying to update) [Back to top]
If your product is disappearing/crashing on startup (or maybe when you try to connect with our server when trying a Help > Check for Updates) it's very likely to be a proxy issue. To correct this issue:
- Go to your Windows registry (Start > Run > regedit)
- Delete the following folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ytria\Settings\HTTPProxy
- Clearing the proxy settings, should stop the product from crashing/disappearing
Does using scanEZ allow me to bypass IBM Notes and Domino (formerly IBM Lotus Notes and Domino) security? [Back to top]
No, scanEZ follows the same security rules as allowed by IBM Notes.
However, as IBM Notes and Domino says, "you cannot have any true security for a local database". IBM Notes and Domino means that if a database is physically copied onto your computer locally (i.e. through a copy and paste in Windows, not a Notes "replica" or "new copy"), then you will have "local copy". Anyone with a "local copy" can see and will have access to all the documents inside of it. It means that you will be able to see everything, even without the proper access rights. Since the local database copy is not on a server, no protections will be applied and you can use scanEZ to look at any document.
Why can't I see the changes I made with actionBarEZ or viewEZ right away? [Back to top]
It may sometimes seem that changes have not been made, when in fact they actually have been made (you just cannot see them). Why? This is due to the cache size used by Notes. Since the cache memory used is fairly large, Notes (as is often the case) may simply "not know" that changes have been made, and displays the version that has not been changed yet. Closing and re-opening the database often helps "refresh" the application; sometimes restarting Notes is needed as well.
I'm having problems using Ytria tools with Teamstudio CIAO!® ...What can I do? [Back to top]
If you are using Teamstudio CIAO!® and experiencing some difficulties, add this line in your notes.ini, to disable the use of Teamstudio CIAO!® by our products:
However, this means you will have to manually manage the check in and check out process yourself.
Note 1: Teamstudio® Edition 25 users may see this warning message: "Function not found in library. [nhkciao.dll CIAOIsEnabled]" and should use the notes.ini entry given above until further notice.
Note 2: Teamstudio® Edition 22 users should click here for details on how to correct this problem.
Ytria Update: scanEZMulti.dll -- Cannot update file[Back to top]
What you need to do is to close your Notes client (you can do this even while Ytria Update is running), and this will ensure that any Ytria .dll files are not loaded by the Notes client. Once the files are released you can continue with the Ytria update.
How do I stop the pop-up that appears after I have entered my full license key?[Back to top]
Only Lite users will see a pop-up appear on the launching of Ytria tools. Full users with properly entered license keys will not see such pop-up windows—the only exception we make are for software update notifications.
If you are a full user and believe that pop-up is appearing in error; it likely means that you are facing a cache issue. To clear your cache follow the steps below:
- Download and save the ClearCache.reg file to your computer
- Double-click the file you just downloaded. This will clear your Ytria cache files.
Web browser compatibility issues with Ytria.com[Back to top]
To take advantage of all the features on our web site, we recommend using one of the following web browsers:
If you are using an older browser you can still visit Ytria.com, however you will not be able to use the site to its full extent (Shop page will not work for instance).
Running an update shows nothing available to update (an empty list). I know this is untrue, so what can I do?[Back to top]
Normally you would see a list of Ytira software products and dll files that you have installed on your computer (along with the file's current version number). If you do not see this list it is usually a Windows 7 or Windows Vista security issue.
To fix this:
Explanation: Windows 7 and Windows Vista users may encounter problems using Ytria Update if their Notes directory is installed in their Program Files directory (we discourage using this directory for Notes installations). This issue causes the Ytria Update to fail to see which Ytria tools are installed. As a work-around, you may rename your YtriaUpdate.exe file. The YtriaUpdate.exe file should be in your Notes directory. If you do rename your YtriaUpdate.exe file you must create this Notes.ini entry and enter the new file name as the value, for example:
- Add the following line to your Notes.ini file: YtriaUpdateFileName
- And give this entry a value that does not contain the word "update," such as "YtriaCheckForNewVersions.exe"
- Find your YtriaUpdate.exe file and rename it so that it matches the Notes.ini value you created for YtriaUpdateFileName
- Run the Ytria update again (Help > Check for updates...) and the list should now be available.
I have the beta version of Notes 9, and I get an error message when I start any of the Ytria tools. [Back to top]
This issue has been addressed, and will be fixed in our next update.
Please note that clicking OK lets you continue without any problems.
I've upgraded to EZ Suite 11, and loading scanEZ (signEZ, databaseEZ, agentEZ or aclEZ) is slower than usual.[Back to top]
Please note that the new "Check Presence in NAB" option is enabled by default. If you have a large NAB and a poor connection, the NAB Checker process may stall your system.
This feature is present in scanEZ, signEZ, databaseEZ, agentEZ and aclEZ, and can be enabled/disabled in the Options menu (in scanEZ, this can be done in the ACL interface's "Expand..." drop down menu).
The last chosen state remains on subsequent starts of the tool until it is changed by the user.
I can't see my Ytria toolbar in IBM Notes 9.[Back to top]
In IBM Notes 9, the new option "Show toolbars only when editing" is enabled by default, thus hiding toolbars most of the time.
Disable this option in the Notes client to display the Ytria toolbar.