- Fixed - Restored compatibility for select date/time format options in Excel exports.
"viewEZ has saved me 100s of hours! We have a suite of databases that make up our CRM and we were changing the properties on every single view..."
Neale A. Wooten, Notes Development Team Lead, Senior Software Architect, Perceptive Software, Inc.
viewEZ version history
Released on July 24, 2017
Released on July 5, 2017
- New - Automation tag functions have been expanded to include the following tags:
- Fixed – Compatibility with CIAO! has been restored.
- Fixed - Various stability fixes and enhancements have been implemented.
Released on April 7, 2017
- New – Date filters in flexYgrid columns now contain new date selection picker module.
- New – NAB group and name exploration/selection panels ('Names') now offer additional information columns: 'Full Name', 'NoteID', and 'NAB Filename'.
- New – 'Export to File' feature now provides a default file name when exporting to any format.
- Fixed – Improvements to the EZ Suite installation database and process execution fix installation problems in which some users were unable to install due to target folder restrictions.
- Fixed - Stability enhancements have been added in the Ytria Update utility.
- Fixed – The latest LibXL architecture has been implemented for Excel file export.
- Fixed – flexYgrid panels have gotten general stability enhancements.
- Fixed – Various bug fixes in grid-data Copy (specifically Ctrl + C command) functions were made to remedy the following issues:
- Erroneous text was displayed ("Exporting selection to file...") in progress dialog when using Ctrl+C in a grid with many rows selected.
- A memory limitation problem was encountered using Ctrl+C to copy HTML parts to the clipboard.
- Fixed – An issue that occurred when exporting or copying grid data to HTML format resulted in settings of '<B> X </B>' for checked checkbox cells being returned as corrupt.
- Fixed/New - Automation tag function fixes have been made for the following tags:
- List and Loop
- ShellExecute (in loop)
- Fixed – Various minor issues with Group and Sort actions on group totals within flexYgrid panels have been corrected.
- Fixed – An issue with the grid status bar summary information incorrectly showing group header row counts has been fixed.
Released on November 2, 2016
- New – 'Create Automation List from Selection' feature allows quick automation list building.
- New - Automation Console, with configurable detail level, lets you see real-time progress of script processing.
- New – Macro recorder lets you record and play XML macros (based on the Ytria Automation tag language) of your actions.
- Improved – Expanded automation tag library. See the full catalog of command tags in our Help section.
- Improved – Expanded bridges between EZ Suite tools now include the ability to launch scripts using other tools on current selections.
- New – Group/Ungroup toolbar buttons quicken working with data categorization.
- New – Hide/Unhide right-click menu options provide easier and safer method for hiding grid columns.
- New – Grid status bar now provides global stats for number of entries loaded, shown, hidden, and selected, as well as the number of groups present.
- New – 'Display all filtered and manually hidden rows' feature added for better contextual visibility.
- New – 'Suspend Grid Redraw' feature lets you put certain grid processes on standby during grid set up. - New – Resetting grid configuration now requires confirmation.
- New – 'Cutoff-Date/Time Filters' let you view information from a set time range back from the present time.
- Improved – 'Append Rows' now detects and merges data under matching column headers during export.
- Improved – Group/Sort operations now keep selection focus intact.
- Improved – 'Find First' search function now automatically focuses on found entry.
- Improved – Multiple column filters can now be combined on any given column.
- Improved – Filters now use true backend values instead of formatted, displayed value.
- Improved – Group zone is now scrollable to allow complete visibility for high-level of groupings.
Released on April 28, 2016
- Improved – Access calculations are now extended across an entire server and include the entire catalog of users.
- New – "Catalog Category" property now added to property inventory.
- Improved – NAB Group Navigator panels are now enabled with the flexYgrid interface.
- New – 'Find Users Not in Any Groups' feature now includes the option to select any number of found names and add them to groups directly.
- Improved – Search and Replace functions available in NAB Group Navigator's right-click menu.
- New – flexYgrid data scanning and display engine increases data parsing ability and handling capacity over the legacy EZ Suite interface.
- New – flexYgrid navigation options allow for better searching, selection, and more.
- Improved – Sort functions for groups and columns are now independent. Group functions now include the ability to calculate Count, Sum, Average, Minimum, Maximum, and even Delta values in Group entries, who are themselves independently sortable.
- New – Context-based filter menus only display the types of filters that will work on that type of data.
- New – Multi-strength reset capabilities let you step back through filtering/formatting operations towards default settings, even to factor default configurations.
- Improved – The 'Values' filet has been revamped to offer an easy-to-use dialog with search capabilities. - New – Multi-type columns allow many possibilities to custom data formatting options.
- Improved – Better export functions include one-click toolbar access, a more logical layout, and improved interactivity with export preferences.
- New – Annotation columns let you add you own comments and temporary data points to data grids. - New – Save pre-set grid configurations.
- New – Quick access toolbar allows direct access to all major grid functions.
- New – Grid Manager complete grid configuration controller gives you a central place to control all grid preferences.
- New – Built in tool lets you create pivot tables on the fly, directly in the grid.
- New – Patent pending Data Comparator tool offers a new way to conduct data comparisons within a grid.
- Improved – The Ytria API has been expanded extensively to include all flexYgrid functions.
Released on May 28, 2015
- New -Open Server dialog: Option to save server names in Notes.ini for future reference, as well as manage the list.
- Fixed - Now you can Switch ID or use Full Admin Access after trying to open a database without the proper access rights; single-database products (like scanEZ) will re-open the database, server products (like aclEZ) will keep the database in the tree to re-open.
- Fixed - The View Properties dialog was not following the selection change with up/down arrow keys in the Views grid.
- New - Vastly improved version of the Modification Log template.
Released on October 1, 2014
- Fixed bug: Show proper Notes version for ODS 52.
- Fixed bug: Export in Excel from grid with grouping.
- Fixed bug: Handling numbers with decimals.
- New: "Append" and "Add Non-Contiguous" options in export (also available through Automation).
Released on July 22, 2014
- Switch ID and Full Admin Access improved - now uses saved password.
- Optimized Grid Filter.
- New server tree right-click menu item: 'Refresh'.
- Fixed and improved Automation & Excel Export.
- Fixed bug when closing documents.
- Passthru Server type connections are now properly listed in Server list dialogues.
- URL created with https only when required.
- Improved: 'Select a server' dialog.
- New: 'Recent Server or DB' list is now case insensitive.
- Fixed: 'Create Folder' issue when adding a document to newly created folder.
- New: Shared Name column now includes the full name of columns.
Released on April 4, 2014
- Fixed Bug: Crash occurred only in IBM Notes 7 and older.
- Added ability to close the Help Center dialog with the 'Esc' key.
- View and Folder Index Size: Added a 'Private' icon to indicate private views/folders, and three new columns in grid which reflect the Designer's View Index option; Owner, Discard, Refresh and Restore Initial Index...
Released on March 27, 2014
- Added new eXtensible Markup Language (XML) scripts to automate processes in the EZ Suite.
- Added new "Load Automation XML" feature option accessible from Server or Database menu.
- Updated java widgets to launch from IBM Notes and IBM Domino Designer.
- Enhanced Server Selection Dialog Box (with QuicK Search, etc.).
- Improved standard Regular Expression (Regex) and Formula dialog boxes with Show History button and interface. Past Regex and formulas can be selected for use or they can be deleted from the History.
- Enhanced Open Database dialog box with Ctrl+F to find databases on selected servers, sticky display preferences (Title and/or File Name) and F3 key to find next matches.
- Added new distinguishable icon for redirection directories in the Selection Tree for easier identification.
- Improved Quick Search. Query is no longer limited to the sorted column, and allows subsequent selection of any column to conduct the search.
- Added new Set Column Width option enabling the user to define the number of characters to display for the selected column.
- Enhanced grid exporting to copy/paste grid contents in HTML, Rich Text and Simple Text formats in any word editor program or IBM Notes.
- Enhanced group and cell formatting dialog boxes. Custom formatting of dates and numbers can be applied to both groups and cell at the same time from either dialog box.
- Added new Register by Email option for when internet is unavailable.
- Improved YtriaUpdate to handle Windows 7 UAC security restrictions.
- Enhanced Names dialog box with new options.
- Fixed Bug: Optimized code for the grid.
- Added new native Excel options to Grid data exporting, including the use of custom, pre-formatted excel books. Supports both Excel 97-2003 and Excel 2007-2010 output file formats.
- Added new "View/Folder Index Size" button with option to purge selected indexes.
- Added new column property Display Abbreviated Date (Tab 4 - Advanced Format).
- Fixed a bug with 'Copy' (ctrl-C), which now works in Columns By Properties grid.